Heyyyya! Today is my birthday!! Whoop whoop! So I thought I would throw a little different kind of a blog post at ya.
I have seen a lot of things in my 24 years of life. And somehow even though I'm halfway through my twenties I still don't feel like an adult. I feel like I graduated high school like last year. Anyone with me?!
Its kind of crazy when I sit and reflect on the past years of my life. A lot has happened-alot of crap and a lot of good! (But thats just life).
So I'm by no means a pro at life or especially a pro at being an adult-but I thought I would share 24 things I've learned in my 24 years of life.
- Its ok to want more in life, just be sure to be thankful for that you already have been given
- People can really suck sometimes, but remember that not all humans suck
- Other people appreciate honesty-theres always a tactful way to go about it too.
- Even when you really would like call someone out-sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut. (this my friends, is called being an adult-then you can just text your friend to vent instead ;) )
- Building a business does not happen overnight
- When someone tells you that you can't do something-prove them wrong
- Ive learned that complaining about my body won't change it-get up and do something about it.
- I have zero tolerance for people who are rude to others.
- love on people without expecting it in return
- People are going to judge you-theres no way to get around it. Do don't let it phase you
- You can literally have anything you want. With hard work and some prayer-anything is possible..
- When you don't think things can get worse, trust me they can. But it won't last forever-it gets better eventually, thats just how life works.
- When your feeling sick, don't look up your symptoms on the internet. You'll end up diagnosing yourself with 3 rare disease.
- Theres always going to be haters-just remember that if you have them; your doing something right.
- People don't have to be related by blood to be your family.
- Openly listen to other peoples perspectives in the world around you.
- Don't go to sleep with your hair wet-it will just be a disaster in the morning.
- You have no right to complain about politics if you don't vote. It's your responsibility.
- Make time for the people who are important to you. Life gets busy for everyone, so they won't alway come to you. Don't wait for them to come to you-go to them.
- Ask before petting someone else dog
- If your going to be a couch potato-as least be a productive couch potato. (edit, have a glass of wine, and watch Scandal-thats super productive, am I right?!)
- Stick up for animals-they don't have a voice.
- Don't be so hard on yourself.
- don't take life too seriously-theres nothing a taco and a Marg can't fix.
There it is y'all. I could come up with a lot more, but we would be here forever. I think its really important to take time and reflect on your life. To realize the things you have learned along the way, noticed the mistakes you have made so you don't make them again. My last piece of advice...life goes by fast people, make the most of it.